An Advanced Leadership Opportunity for High School Leaders and College Students
The Resident Counselor (RC) position is an incredibly fun and integral part of middle level summer leadership camps. Being an RC is an opportunity to:
- Serve the Association of Washington Student Leaders Program and Middle level student leaders
- Test your leadership skills
- Gain practical teaching experience
- Work as a team with other student leaders from across the state
- Grow and stretch in positive, life-changing ways
RCs are tasked with many different responsibilities including attending a pre-camp RC training, supervising dorms, role modeling, supporting the adult Team Counselors (TCs), creating camp skits, displaying spirit and enthusiasm and assisting with camp logistics.
RCs may serve at one of four middle level leadership camps held at the Cispus and Chewelah Peak Learning Centers. Prospective RCs must be a high school junior or senior or be enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (community college, technical school, university, etc.).
Download an application - due May 1st.